• The White House and the administrative building of ISU

    The White House and the administrative building of ISU
    In 1918 the University Square was the epicenter of fierce battles.
    Marked by traces of bullets and shells, the former residence of
    governor-generals became one of the first academic buildings of Irkutsk University.

    дальше>
  • Zonal Scientific Library of Irkutsk State University

    Zonal Scientific Library of Irkutsk State University, 24 Gagarin Blvd
    An architectural monument of Federal significance. Known as the White House, it was built in the 1820s by the heirs of merchant Sibiryakov.
    The palace used to be the residence of Irkutsk governor-generals for 70 years. In October 1918, the first students of the university started their studies here.
    Since 1939, the mansion serves as a scientific library well-renowned in Siberia.

    дальше>
  • Faculty of Geology, Institute of Social Sciences, Scientific Research Institute of Biology

    Faculty of Geology, Institute of Social Sciences, Scientific Research Institute of Biology, 3 Lenin St.
    The building was built in 1899 by St. Petersburg architect Svetlitskiy and was intended for the Irkutsk branch of the State Bank.
    During the December battles of 1917 the building caught fire and completely burned out.
    Restored in 1920. Given to the University after the war.

    дальше>
  • Faculty of Biology and Soil Science

    Faculty of Biology and Soil Science, 5 Sukhe-Bator St.
    The building was built in the 1880s as an educational institution.
    The inscription on the frieze said "Industrial School in memory of N.P. Trapeznikov"
    The representative of a well-known Irkutsk dynasty, merchant Nicanor Trapeznikov left a large part of his fortune to the development of education in the city.

    дальше>

News

Links